Exciting news, fellow gamers! GAMERS OUTREACH IS HIRING!!
Gamers Outreach Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization that helps thousands of children in hospitals across North America benefit from the power of interactive play through our programs. As witnesses ourselves, it’s clearly evident digital recreation helps create a sense of joy and relief for children receiving treatment. Video games make a tremendous impact within healthcare facilities.
We believe the stories of patients deserve to be shared. By doing so, we hope to raise awareness of the needs hospitals face, the battles being fought by children and their families, how technology makes a difference, and ways for communities to get involved.
To lead this effort, Gamers Outreach is seeking a seasoned Content Marketing & Social Media Director to join our crew.
This is a hybrid role that requires a mix of skills. The ideal candidate will develop and execute strategies to attract supporters and inspire actions that grow the impact of Gamers Outreach programs within hospitals. This person will report to the Executive Director and develop unforgettable campaigns that shed light on patients, hospital staff, and the role of entertainment in healthcare facilities. The person who fills this role will oversee the entirety of our digital presence including our website, social media channels, email, marketing automation, display, affiliate SEM, and SEO.
We’re looking for a high energy team player who is capable of working autonomously to materialize our vision through the power of story. This is a remote position.
Sound like the perfect role for you? Read below for the specific responsibilities! We’ll be accepting applications from March – May, with the intent of beginning interviews in late May, and hiring in June / July.
Role: Content Marketing & Social Media Director
- Lead the strategic development and implementation of all digital communication solutions.
- Design and implement digital marketing campaigns focused on awareness, audience growth, and conversion.
- Bring Gamers Outreach programs to life through story. Work with hospitals, patients, and their families to share the impact of technology in the healthcare setting with a sense of joy and dignity.
- Create and manage media content across all social channels. Recruit and manage content teams responsible for collecting photo / video assets for use in marketing materials.
- Develop and own quarterly content planning calendar for all website and key social media posts. Monitor, listen, and respond to community across social channels. Maintain a regular publishing schedule and implement a content editorial calendar with consideration to organization-wide events and program implementation.
- Provide quarterly report recapping key metrics and events, illustrating how content correlates with program growth.
- Utilize data and social analytics to effectively engage supporters and refine campaigns.
- Become the “voice” of Gamers Outreach. Maintain a communication tone that connects with both gaming enthusiasts and healthcare professionals.
- At least 5 – 7 years of hands-on digital marketing experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills with the ability to work well cross-functionally and interact with internal / external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated success managing and growing social channels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.) for brands and/or consumer goods companies.
- The ideal candidate is a video game enthusiast with a passion for making a difference in the world. This person believes in the cause of Gamers Outreach.
- Experience as a content creator or managing creative teams (photographers, agencies, graphic designers, videographers) to develop asset libraries that can be leveraged for effective messaging.
- Solid expertise in all areas of marketing strategy development including customer targeting, brand strategy, integrated communications planning, brand and corporate partnerships, campaign measurement and optimization, digital and social media strategy and analytics.
- Ability to travel 15% – 25% of the time (domestically)
- Strong understanding of technology and software pertinent to the role.
- Preference for a candidate that has experience with nonprofits.
- You take initiative.
You see something that needs improvement and you take action. You propose solutions to problems. You have a proven ability to plan, lead, implement and track marketing projects from concept through implementation. You’re proactive about making sure various departments have the information they need about your projects. You work well autonomously.
- You know what you’re doing.
You’re a born marketer with a proven track record managing a high performing marketing function. You’re a true marketing generalist with a broad range of hands-on experience. You have a strong understanding of the online marketing ecosystem and a deep understanding of all online marketing channels (e.g. email, marketing automation, social media, display, affiliate, SEM and SEO). You can handle just about anything that comes your way.
- You’re a communications ace.
You know that the secret to success is keeping people in the know. You not only know what to communicate but when, how and why it’s important. You possess exceptional interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- You’re big hearted.
You take pride in being a do-gooder and live with a sense of altruism in your personal and professional life. You have a genuine concern for others and want to make the world a better place.
- You’re a leader.
Community leadership and participation (both online and offline) are integral to the success of this role. An essential component of this role is communicating the Gamers Outreach brand and those we represent in a positive, authentic way.
Working at Gamers Outreach comes with a variety of benefits! While we’re open to working with contractors or agencies to fill this position, full-time employees can expect the following:
- 401K and Employer Match
- Dental & Vision
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employer-paid Life Insurance
- Employer-paid Short & Long Term Disability
- The Anywhere Office
- Unlimited vacation policy. Just make sure your work is done!
- Paid Holidays
- Work Remotely
- Weekly Staff Gaming Session
- Gaming day every Wednesday afternoon with co-workers.
- After 4 years employees are encouraged to take a 4 – 6 week paid sabbatical to pursue their personal goals or learn new skills.
- Pet / Child Friendly
- Boarding / Babysitter expense account when traveling for Gamers Outreach.
Best of luck to all applicants! We look forward to reviewing your submission!