Applications can be submitted here.
Wonderful news to share, gaming family! WE ARE HIRING!
Gamers Outreach Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization that helps thousands of hospitalized children benefit from the power of interactive play. As witnesses ourselves, it’s clear digital recreation creates a sense of joy and relief for children undergoing medical treatment.
Each day, healthcare professionals rely on entertainment as a means for improving a child’s quality of life. But finding the resources to deploy hardware or manage content can prove challenging amidst other priorities. We believe gamers are capable of filling the void.
Simultaneously, we’ve seen an increase in activity among content creators (and their respective communities) who are eager to make a difference. Our intent is to ensure streamers are empowered to engage with Gamers Outreach programs, and we want to prove their impact along the way.
We are seeking a Community Program Manager to engage our volunteer network and serve as a front-facing resource for Gamers Outreach supporters. This person will be responsible for overseeing our volunteer community and nurturing relationships with content creators.
This is a dual purpose role that requires a mix of skills. The ideal candidate is a “people person” with a finely tuned awareness of gaming culture. Reporting to our Marketing Director, this person will work alongside the Executive Director and Operations Director to become an expert on the organization’s programmatic work. The Community Program Manager will be a steward of existing volunteers and streamers, responsible for fostering a network of engaged and inspired supporters.
We’re looking for a high energy team player who is capable of working autonomously to materialize our vision through the power of community. This is a remote position.
Read below for the specific responsibilities! We’ll begin initial discussions with qualified candidates the week of September 1st, 2019. Applications can be submitted here.
Role: Community Program Manager
- Partner with Operations Director to implement and oversee “Player 2” initiative in healthcare facilities. Foster and refine program implementation strategy while tracking key growth and impact metrics.
- Grow and lead our volunteer community. Employ a coaching mentality to support volunteer engagement and activity. Define and personally manage best practices for volunteer recruitment and retention.
- Cultivate our relationships with hospital partners. Conduct semi-regular audits to assess Gamers Outreach impact and overall program effectiveness / status.
- In partnership with Development & Marketing teams, become point of contact for streamers / content creators. Support the development and execution of annual “Gamers for Giving” fundraiser. Create meaningful content and reporting that connects streamers and their communities with our work and their impact. Launch and nurture ambassador program.
- Lead the creation of annual events pipeline, working closely with marketing to create a integrated plan that drives revenue and awareness of Gamers Outreach programs.
- Assist Marketing with content production across digital platforms (e.g. blog posts, community events, podcasts, video interviews).
- 3 – 5 years of community management / digital marketing experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills with the ability to work well cross-functionally and interact with internal / external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated success managing and growing online communities for brands and/or consumer goods companies.
- Natural on-camera personality. Comfortable fielding interview requests and appearances, representing Gamers Outreach programs.
- Deep knowledge of streaming platforms (Twitch, YouTube, Mixer) and their respective communities.
- The ideal candidate is a video game enthusiast with a passion for making a difference in the world. This person believes in the cause of Gamers Outreach.
- Experience as a content creator or managing creative teams (photographers, agencies, graphic designers, videographers). The ideal candidate has technical streaming knowledge.
- Solid expertise in all areas of marketing strategy development including customer targeting, brand strategy, integrated communications planning, brand and corporate partnerships, campaign measurement and optimization, digital and social media strategy and analytics.
- Ability to travel 15% – 25% of the time (domestically)
- Strong understanding of technology and software pertinent to the role.
- Preference for a candidate that has experience working with video game content creators.
- You take initiative.
You see something that needs improvement and you take action. You propose solutions to problems. You have a proven ability to plan, lead, implement and track projects from concept through implementation. You’re proactive about making sure various departments have the information they need about your projects. You work well autonomously.
- You know what you’re doing.
You’re a born people person with a proven track record managing a high performing community function. You’re a true community generalist with a broad range of hands-on experience. You have a strong understanding of the online gaming community and a deep understanding of all today’s online community channels (e.g. email, marketing automation, social media, display, affiliate, stream platforms). You can handle just about anything that comes your way.
- You’re a communications ace.
You know that the secret to success is keeping people in the know. You not only know what to communicate but when, how and why it’s important. You possess exceptional interpersonal, oral and written communication skills. You love bringing out the best in others.
- You’re big hearted.
You take pride in being a do-gooder and live with a sense of altruism in your personal and professional life. You have a genuine concern for others and want to make the world a better place.
- You’re a leader.
Community leadership and participation (both online and offline) are integral to the success of this role. An essential component of this role is communicating the Gamers Outreach brand and those we represent in a positive, authentic way.
Working at Gamers Outreach comes with a variety of benefits! FTEs can expect the following:
- 401k / Roth IRA and employer match.
- Top notch healthcare coverage through Blue Cross Blue Shield (PPO).
- Dental & Vision included.
- Direct family included (spouse / children).
- Flexible Time Off
- Unlimited vacation policy. Just make sure your work is done!
- Paid holidays.
- Remote work environment.
- Weekly Staff Gaming Session
- Time allotment for gaming on Friday afternoon with co-workers.
- After 4 years employees are encouraged to take a 4 – 6 week paid sabbatical to pursue their personal goals or learn new skills.
- Pet / Child Friendly
- Boarding / Babysitter expense account when traveling for Gamers Outreach.