Gamers rejoice across the land! Registration to participate in Gamers for Giving 2017 has opened!
All tickets are sold through our friends at the Intel LANFest series, and can be purchased here.
Gamers for Giving 2017 will be taking place on April 1st and 2nd at the EMU Convocation Center. This year, we’re chasing down a $200,000 fundraising goal to provide recreation and therapy to hospitalized children across the country. Specifically, a large portion of the funds raised will go towards constructing GO Karts – portable video game kiosks which are used to ensure patients have access to bedside activities during long-term care. Last year, we raised enough money to improve our manufacturing process, and over the coming weeks, more GO Karts will be delivered than we’ve constructed in the entire program’s existence!
Gamers for Giving funding will also help us expand the presence of our new initiative, Player 2, which empowers gamers to support families and staff undergoing treatment within hospitals.
Eager to help us reach the goal? Donations can be made on the front page of the Gamers for Giving website.
Here’s a full breakdown of the passes available to purchase:
- BYOC LAN Seat: $30 Online | $40 at the Door
Purchase this ticket if you would like to participate in the BYOC LAN. This ticket also grants you entry into all of our headline PC tournaments. As an attendee, you’ll bring your PC / console and have a dedicated space to play video games with fellow attendees for the entire weekend! Internet / 2 power outlets are provided with each seat. We’ll also be supporting a variety of casual PC game servers for leisure-play. Check out the LAN Party section of the website to see a list of things you’ll want to bring.
- VIP LAN Seat & Sky Loft: $125 Online | $200 at the Door
Purchase this ticket if you would like to participate in the BYOC LAN as a VIP. This ticket includes a number of extra benefits, including…
- Access to the Gamers Outreach Sky Loft: The Sky Loft is a hospitality lounge with privileged views of the arena floor, set aside as an area for guests, partners, and streamers. Premium food items and beverages will be served in a relaxing atmosphere, overlooking the entirety of the Gamers for Giving venue.
- Extra Table Space: VIPs receive an extra foot of table space.
- Early Access to the Venue: VIPs will be able to set up their rigs before the doors of Gamers for Giving open.
- Gamers for Giving T-shirt: VIPs receive a Gamers for Giving t-shirt as part of their purchase!
- Skip the Check-in Line: VIPs will be able to bypass the check-in line the morning of Gamers for Giving.
- Halo Team Pass: $160 Online | $200 at the Door
Purchase this pass to compete in the Gamers for Giving 2017 Halo 5 tournament on Xbox One. This team pass grants a total of 4 players + 1 coach with access to the event. Only 1 member from your team needs to purchase this pass for your group. Team information will be collected when you check-in at the event.
- Call of Duty Team Pass (MWR / IW): $160 Online | $200 at the Door
Purchase this pass to compete in the Gamers for Giving 2017 Call of Duty Modern Warfare Remastered AND Infinite Warfare tournaments. Tournaments will be hosted on the PlayStation 4 console. This team pass grants a total of 4 players + 1 coach with access to the event. Only 1 member from your team needs to purchase this pass for your group. Team information will be collected when you check-in at the event.
- Super Smash Bros. Melee Player Pass: $20 Online | $30 at the Door
Purchase this pass to compete in the Gamers for Giving 2017 Super Smash Bros. Melee tournament on GameCube. This pass grants 1 player with access to the event.
As usual, press and spectators will be able to access Gamers for Giving for free! If you are a parent accommodating a minor, a member of the press, or you’re someone who just wants to come and check out the event, you’ll only need to visit the spectator check-in desk when you arrive.
Be sure to help spread Gamers for Giving hype by tweeting us with the hashtag #GFG2017! We hope to see you on April 1st & 2nd at the EMU Convocation Center!